Pinecrest School Is Proud to Be Accredited By AdvancED/SACS CASI
AdvancED is the umbrella organization for the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). AdvancED accredits more than 32,000 public and private schools in all 50 states as well as 70 schools in other countries.
Schools seeking to gain or retain accreditation must meet AdvancED’s high standards, demonstrating high levels of student performance and providing evidence of stakeholder satisfaction with the school.
Comments Shared During the AdvancED Visiting Team’s Exit Report in Fall 2013:
- Classroom instruction is outstanding.
- Everyone talks about highly engaged and critical thinking skills, but we really saw that.
- There was collaboration among students.
- A lot of schools say they are like family but it's really true here.
- Among all of the adults, there is an expectation that all of the students are everyone’s responsibility and the kids get that too.
- The biggest conduct problem that the kids could identify was sarcasm.
- Scores for the classroom observations were outstanding.
- We saw the same commitment to rigor as to the whole child.
- The true highlight of the visit was time spent in the classrooms.
- There is an incredible level of student engagement and it’s really inspiring.
- There is a bottom line expectation of quality across the board.
- There is incredible learning and incredible student engagement here.
- Your mission statement defines the school’s culture. Everybody knows what it is. It’s just so obvious.
- It was an impressive thing to see the kids’ commitment to collaboration.
- the Pinecrest way
- All of you have accepted responsibility for all of the students here whether you teach them or not.
- Classroom practice really supports the mission.
- There are many great things at this school.
- Great job of using data at the classroom and student level.
- The work we observed in your classrooms was truly inspiring and a reflection of your wonderful leadership.
- It is my privilege to spend time with professionals like you and the Pinecrest family.
Powerful Practices Identified in the AdvancED Visiting Team’s Exit Report in Fall 2013:
- A purpose statement that is well understood by all stakeholders and which both defines the school culture and drives the school’s work
- A commitment to collaboration among all stakeholders
- The wide range of opportunities for meaningful involvement that the school provides for its families
- A school staff that facilitates student advocacy through a variety of structures and experiences
- The high visibility and easy access of the school’s leadership
- Personalized learning along with interventions that address the whole child are evident in all classrooms